Get ready for your lash lift!
A skin test must be carried out at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. A few dabs of each product (5 in total) are placed on your skin. This is to make sure you have no reactions to any of the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and is usually placed on the inside of your forearm, so you can easily check for redness, bumps or irritation. It’s covered with a small plaster to prevent it from rubbing off. Just leave it on the skin for an hour or so, and then remove the plaster and wash off with water.
Make sure you arrive to your Lash Lift appointment without contact lenses, as your eyes will be shut for the duration of the treatment (around 45mins). Leaving lenses in could cause irritation or displacement.
Don’t wear eye make-up on the day, especially mascara. Avoid oil-based products, such as make-up remover containing oils, vaseline or waterproof mascara. Avoid these for at least 2 days prior to your treatment. These products can obstruct the treatment creams penetrating your lashes and can affect lift results. To remove your eye make-up, we recommend an oil-free make-up remover.
If you have recently tinted your eyelashes and Vaseline/petroleum jelly were used, please inform us as you may have to wait a few days before having your Lash Lift. We want you to get the very best from your treatment.
Look after those lashes – Recommended aftercare
LVL lashes aftercare help and guidance for after your treatment:
- For the first 24 hours after your Lash Lift, do not use mascara and do not allow water to come in to contact with your lashes. Carefully wash around your eyes and avoid hot water. Try not to sleep on your face as this can crush the lashes whilst they are setting over the first day
- For 48 hours after your Lash Lift, avoid hot water, steam or sweat (eg. Saunas, facial steamers, excessive work-outs, swimming, very hot steamy showers). Look out for opening a hot oven door too, as hot steam can come rushing out
- Use a lash nourishing serum/conditioner daily (we sell these or can advise you of products)
- Always brush lashes upwards regularly to help maintain lift and shape, especially after sleeping, cleansing the face and applying moisturisers or cosmetics
- Be gentle, don’t scrub your eyes when washing your face
- Do not use eyelash curlers, as lashes will be delicate after treatment, and could cause breakage
- If wearing mascara, use water-based mascara, not a waterproof one
- Use any oil-free make-up remover if mascara is worn, we recommend the LVL oil-free make-up remover (available in-salon and online)
How long will my LVL Lashes last?
Following LVL lashes aftercare, your lash lift should usually last between 6-8 weeks (dependant on individual lash growth cycles), we think this treatment is excellent value for money. It is a very low maintenance procedure compared to eyelash extensions, and it is non-damaging to natural lashes, providing aftercare is followed.
A little TLC is required over the first 24-48hrs whilst the lift is still settling into place, and we have written a guideline with a few tips to help you maintain and prolong the life of your Lash Lift.
Remember, a lash lift procedure is very similar to a hair perm, and as such the hair must be kept well-nourished and treated delicately to avoid breakage/weakening.
You can find the following products on our online shop: